Bride, bridesmaid, mother of the bride: no matter your role in the wedding, no matter your age, comfortable wedding and bridal shoes aren’t just a nice idea, they’re a requisite for truly enjoying your special day. No day in history has called on your feet to perform more…and look good doing it! Sure, you can grin-and-bear-it in sky-high Manolos, but why not go for a more natural smile while wearing a pair of one of these foot-friendly yet beautiful bridal shoes.
1. Naturalizer Banks: Typically we steer away from recommending pointy-toe shoes, but this classic slingback gets high marks for comfort (even from women with bunions). We also love the fact that it comes in extended sizes (4-12) and three widths! It does come in white leather, but check out all the pretty pastels and brights too. Find the Naturalizer Banks for $99 from Zappos, Naturalizer.com, Amazon, and Shoes.com.
2. Anne Klein Fabulist: A Zappos customer says it best about this pretty, polished shoe with a 2 1/4″ heel, “The balanced design of these shoes is pure joy for those whose feet are wide in the front and narrow in the heel.” What a great combination! Find the Fabulist by Anne Klein in sizes 5-11 (even a 10.5) for $78.99 from Zappos, Amazon and 6pm.com.
3. Taryn Rose Neva slingback: A memory foam footbed with moderate arch support makes this dainty slingback a winner for all-day/all-night comfort. We love the floral detail too! Available in sizes 5-11, medium and wide widths for $165 from Zappos, Nordstrom and Amazon.
4. Pelle Moda Berlin (see featured image at top of post): A favorite among Zappos and Nordstrom customers alike, the Pelle Moda Berlin scores five-stars for style and comfort. I noticed quite a few reviews from women with “problem feet” who found the Berlin a perfect fit–wider forefoot, narrower at the heel. Available at Zappos, 6pm.com, Nordstrom, and Amazon.
5. Jack Rogers “I Do” Sandal: We love the preppy simplicity of these adorable sandals by Jack Rogers. Mind you, these don’t offer much in the way of arch support, but the leather is soft and the heel is low. Available in sizes 6-12 for $148 from JackRogers.com. Check out the entire wedding collection of Jack Rogers sandals.
6. David Tate Proud–Lovely laser perforations grace this low-heeled pump by David Tate. Added bonus? Heel to toe cushioning and extended sizes and widths! Available in sizes 4-13, four widths for $109.90 from Zappos, and Nordstrom.
7. Rockport Total Motion Kaiya sling: Zappos customer Kathy raves about her classy slingbacks, “These shoes are AMAZING! I have problem feet–bunions which need a wide toe box, narrow heels, and general arthritis pain which makes most shoes, to say nothing of heels, unworkable. These check every single box.” The Kaiya features a steel shank for stability and a modest 2.5″ heel–plus we love the floral print (but it does come in neutrals too). Find it in sizes 5-11, medium and wide widths for $99.95 from Zappos and Rockport.com.
8. Wonders F-6129 mule: Show off your pedicure in this modern mule with a memory gel footbed, 2 1/4″ textured block heel, soft leather uppers. Made in Spain (they know their comfortable shoes). Find in euro sizes 35-42 for $189 from Nordstrom.
9. Toms Ivory Grosgrain Bow Classics: Kick off your heels and dance the night away in Toms bridal flats! A rubber outsole offers good traction on the dance floor and elastic goring provides a good fit. Find a pair in sizes 5-12 for $59.95 from Toms.com (available in blush also).
Which shoe did I miss? Do you have a favorite wedding shoe that didn’t require a change into flats before the dance floor? What did you wear for bridal shoes? Leave a comment and let us know!